Monday, September 23, 2013

In announcing resignation, Davis says ‘it is time to go’

"Boston Police Commissioner Edward F. Davis today thanked Mayor Thomas M. Menino for the opportunity to lead the department, declaring that as he leaves, the department is better than when he arrived from Lowell nearly seven years ago.
“It is time to go,” Davis said today, his voice trembling slightly, during a news conference at police headquarters.
“I feel very positive about leaving on my timeline,’’ he said. “I leave the department on my own accord. I wanted to clear the deck for the new administration.’’
Davis also defended his record on diversity in the department, which has come under criticism from some within the department and in the community. Some mayoral candidates have faulted Davis for what they see as an insufficient effort to diversify the police department."

No comments:

Post a Comment